A woman who contracted arthritis after being bitten by a mosquito while training hairdressers in the outback won a workers compensation claim against TAFE SA.

Jennifer Roberts was put in a metal hut where temperatures exceeded 53 degrees Celsius with no air conditioner when TAFE SA transferred her to Coober Pedy and Oodnadatta, in central north South Australia, for a teaching placement.

The 60-year-old hairdresser was ravaged by mosquitoes when she opened a window to cool the room in late October 2015 and subsequently contracted inflammatory arthritis which stopped her working and caused her significant anxiety.

Source: Daily Mail