Health & Safety Law
The Health and Safety Authority ( www.hsa.ie ) is the regulatory body responsible for health and safety in Ireland. The HSA conducts regular inspections of company premises and investigates accidents in the workplace. It has wide ranging powers and can issue recommendations to employers if appropriate, and when necessary take court action to ensure safety in the workplace. The HSA is increasingly seeking court orders to close places of work where it believes there are unsafe practices or where employers have not implemented specific recommendations.
The HSA’s Strategic Priorities are to:
- Enable enterprises to comply with their legal obligations in a practical and reasonable manner.
- Achieve a high standard of compliance with safety, health and welfare and chemical laws.
- Support the Minister in the development of a well-functioning, robust and proportionate regulatory framework.
- Engage and work with people and organisations nationally and internationally to achieve our vision.
- Be a high performing organisation delivering value to the Irish taxpayer
Given the wide ranging and complicated nature of our health and safety laws, we provide advice to clients on the implementation of legislation and how it can directly impact upon their business.
O’Brien Ronayne Solicitors can offer specialist advise on all aspects of health and safety compliance, dealing with accidents in the workplace for defence of prosecution.