Accidents in Public Places
Have you ever had the experience of falling in a public place? At O’Brien Ronayne we have the experience of dealing with hundreds of successful accidents in public places injury claims.
Over the years we have successfully acted for people who have had accidents in shops, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, shopping centres and indeed on public roads, footpaths and parks.
What should I do if I have an accident in a public place?
There may be specific conditions to be met for a claim for accidents in public places to proceed in Ireland and it is important that you follow a certain process following the accident:
- Try and get to talk to the most senior person available at the time and report the accident to them.
- Make notes on the accident.
- If there are any witnesses to the accident record their names, addresses and contact information
- If possible, take some photographs of the location of the accident and pay particular attention to the item or area which caused the accident.
- Maintain records of your costs and expenses related to the accident, and keep all your receipts.