A teenager woke to find his bedroom in flames after an e-cigarette charger exploded.

Nathan Holt, 15, managed to alert his parents, Steven and Melanie, and 17-year-old brother Joshua just in time to escape the fire without injury in the early hours of Friday morning.

Firefighters say the boy is lucky to be alive after discovering the blaze was started by an e-cigarette device, which Nathan had been charging under his bed.

Dad Steven, 54, now fears the family will have to move out of their home if the insurance company is unable to cover with the damage.

Source: Teenager woke to find bedroom on fire after e-cigarette charger exploded – Irish Mirror Online