A TEENAGER who was critically injured in a horror fall at his South Tyneside home has died.

Grant Adams suffered horrific throat injuries after falling into a sunbed at his flat in South Frederick Street, Laygate, South Shields, at 9am on Sunday.

One of the sunbed’s glass lighting tubes pierced his jugular, and the 17–year–old then fell down the stairs.

The Great North Air Ambulance took the apprentice bricklayer to Newcastle’s Royal Victoria Infirmary for treatment and he was placed in an induced coma.

His aunt Michelle Kelly, 33, who came to Grant’s aid after his accident, told the Gazette yesterday morning how medics hadn’t been able to bring her nephew round.

However, it’s understood the amateur boxer died yesterday at about 4pm.

Scores of friends and loved ones have taken to Grant’s Facebook page to expresses their shock and sympathy.

full story via Sunbed-accident teen loses fight for life – Shields Gazette.